Monday 15 July 2013

Mookata Buffet

I love Mookata. But everytime we go for those Mookata sets, it is never enough. I have to be mindful of the quantity I consume in order to be sure that the people I'm sharing gets a fair share of the portion served as well. On top of that, the prices don't come cheap.

So, I started googling and searching for Mookata buffets. I was pretty sure that somewhere, somehow, a Singaporean would find this a lucrative business. And after much searching, I found it!!

I'll let the pictures do some talking:

 Because it's Ala-Carte buffet, we ordered alot of items and had to stack them up in order to have more space.
 First few rounds, mookata looking clean and good! This is not halal, because in order to grill the meat & stuff, pork lard is used to grease the pan. But it goes so well and when the oil drips into the soup, the broth becomes so sweet and flavourful!

 This is the menu where you tick the items you would like to have. Be very careful when you cancel tho. The staff didn't pay close attention to items we cancelled and served it to us blindly and some are chargeable. So make sure you let them know when you cancelled an order.

See the top of the mookata?It's all charred but fret not, the staff would change a new one for you when you request for it.

I didn't take a picture of the chilli though. They have quite a few for you to try, but you'll need to learn how to mix it to master a dip that blends with the mookata.

This is by far the most value for money Mookata although it still can't win the Original Thai Mookata in Golden Mile.

My boyf paid for it so I can't really remember the cost but it's about $25nett per person, excluding drinks. You can locate them here:

No. 9 Townshend Road,
Maude Road Foodlink Cafe
(Next to Jalan Besar Plaza) 

Opening Hours:
Mondays to Sundays:
6pm to 6am

Contact: 
Patrick 9644 6256
Kae 8205 4532

No comments :

Post a Comment